10/1/14

Pause for Prayer: 10/2

Image source

Lord, open my ears 
and teach me to listen
to all that I hear... 

Open my ears
to all the hard sayings
I don’t want to hear...

Open my ears to the truth,
especially the truth
that’s uncomfortably true…

Open my ears to those who correct me,
who counsel and chide me,
who take me to task…

Open my ears to the call of your Spirit,
the truth of your word
and the voice of my conscience…

Open my ears to the silence of prayer,
the stillness of peace
and the peace of your presence…

Open my ears to your calling my name,
summoning me
to live by your word…

Open my ears to the cry of the poor,
the needs of others
and my neighbor’s grief...

Open my ears to your love, Lord,
and open my lips to share
all that you speak in my heart…

Lord, open my ears 
and teach me to listen
to all that I hear...




 


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!