10/11/14

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/12




I believe this is true.

(Perhaps you do, too.)

But before I simply let go
a moral code's demands,
I need honestly find and face 
that mystery laden with grace: 
the mystery seeking a dwelling place
in my life, my mind and my heart...

(Codes are actually pretty easy to deal with:
mysteries not-so-much-so...)

Today's the Sabbath,
a special day for spending time
seeking the mystery
seeking me...
Lord, 
slow me down this Sabbath day
and help find and face
your mystery seeking me:
your grace-laden mystery
seeking a place to dwell
in me, my mind and my heart... 

Lord,
help me seek your love,
your mystery seeking me,
today...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!