11/9/14

Monday Morning Offering: 11/10

Image: George Mendoza

Autumn's Letting Go

The chill, the wind, the rain
claim all the leaves
save those whose stubborn grip
will hold 'til you, Lord,
say the word and they'll fall, too
in autumn's letting go...

You know, more than I, Lord,
how letting go may be the only way
to hold all I keep dear
and all I dearly need...

Help my letting go, Lord:
I offer you my grip on fears,
my stored up tears;
my hold on hurt
that won't let go of me...

I offer you my fear of falling,
fear of letting go my heart
into your care,
into your promise to be there
to catch me in your arms...

I offer you and make my own
the prayer of falling leaves,
with autumn's trust you'll keep me
through the winter's cold
as I let go my hold on all
but hope of spring...

Lord, gather up your falling leaves
and all the pleas that spiral from my soul
in this bittersweet November, time
for letting go my heart into your hands...

Photo by Jesse Kruger

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!