11/28/14

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 11/29

Isaiah 40

OK... Thanksgiving is over - except for a few more turkey sandwiches!
BUT... it's NOT yet Christmas!
ADVENT begins at sundown today, November 29.
BEGIN Advent here with this great tune from Godspell -
and then Pause for Prayer...
 
Prepare Ye (The Way Of The Lord) by Original Broadway Cast on Grooveshark  

Help me prepare a way for you, Lord,
   in the crazy rush of Christmas all around me...

Help me remember that Christmas is your birthday,
   that I need to find gifts to offer you...

Help me remember the poverty of your nativity, Lord:
   make your way into my wallet and help me spend generously
      on those whose needs are so much greater than my own...

Help me remember that of all the that gifts I might receive,
  none is greater than the love you have for me...

Help me prepare a way for you to enter my life decisively, Lord:
   a way for you to take me as your own,
   to summon out what I shall be,
   to become what you call me to be...

Help me prepare a way for you 
   to take possession of my desires,
   to fill me with the gifts that bring me the greatest peace,
      gifts that satisfy my longing for the deepest joy...

In the quiet of my prayer, Lord,
   help me clear a path for you 
      to walk into my heart, into my day...

Help me want to clear that path, Lord,
   lest anything or anyone keep me from your advent,
      from your coming to my heart in mercy and with peace...

In the stillness of my prayer, Lord,
  show me how to clear and make a path for you,
      free of all the roadblocks I put up,
  a path for you to enter and come in
      to fill me with your presence...

Help me prepare a way for you, Lord,
   as you prepare my heart 
      for all the ways you come to me...




   

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!