11/26/14

Pause for Prayer: THANKSGIVING DAY


Thank you, Lord,
for the gift of faith:
that strength, that power, 

that source within, showing me the way,
steadying my step
and offering me the hope I need to make my way
through all my troubles and trials...

Thank you, Lord,  
for the gift of Church:
that wounded, rag-tag, joyful lot of saints and sinners
bound in faith together,
seeking out your truth,
growing in the gospel's joy,
reaching out to others' needs -
all brothers and sisters in your love...

Thank you, Lord,
for the people all around me, behind me and before me:
all who've shaped the person I've become;
who've loved me in more ways than I can know,
who've loved me when I've failed to love them in return;
who've pardoned and forgiven me with mercy and with grace;
who've shared with me their sorrows and their joys,
who fill my heart with peace
and who help me trust and know with hope
that you are always by my side...

And thank you, Lord,
for people I've not yet met,
whose paths will cross my own
as your Spirit guides our ways...

Thank you, Lord,
for the mystery of your presence:
in the simplest and most ordinary moments of each day
and in the stillness, in the quiet time
I spend with you in prayer...

Receive my thanks and praise today
for you, Lord, are my God
from whom all blessings flow...

Amen. 




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!