2/8/15

Monday Morning Offering: 2/9

Coffee in the Morning

Good morning, good God!

Quite a week behind me, Lord,
but you know all about that
so details aren’t important here…

How easily I can be thrown off balance!

Sometimes,
just when things seem so steady and secure,
I’m knocked off my pins,
weaving between surety and doubt,
wondering if what I’m sure is true - is true…

Do I trust what should be trusted?
Is my faithfulness real or imagined?
Are my judgments right or wrong?

An unsettling time it was, Lord,
with worry renting space
in my head and heart and gut…

But clouds give way to light, Lord,
and the troubled waters calmed
as I turned to you for peace
- when peace was hard to find…

For your grace over the past week,
I thank you, Lord…

For friends who listen and support,
who understand and counsel,
who coach and challenge,
I thank you, Lord…

For your breath upon my soul,
reminding of your presence,
refreshing joyful memories
and opening to new blessings,
I thank you, Lord…

For your grace that roots me in your love,
I thank you, Lord…

For steadying my stumbling steps,
for lifting me when I fall down,
for showing me the path to walk,
I thank you, Lord…

Shine the light of truth
upon my life, Lord:
show me where I'm weak
and reveal the strength I’m slow to claim…

Strengthen me in faith
and open me to all the ways
I need to grow and change…

I offer you the past week, Lord,
with hope and prayer
I’ve learned from it and grown
in the gifts your Spirit offers...

Keep me mindful, Lord,
of those whose paths cross mine
and how I might offer comfort
with my words and in my deeds...

Such is my prayer this morning, Lord:
keep me faithful to you through this day
and through the week ahead…

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!