2/27/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/28

Image source

In these wintry, Lenten days, O Lord:
I pray for quiet time,
far from the clatter and the clamor...

I pray for wisdom's counsel
to untangle my confusion...

I pray for consolation
to becalm my troubled spirits...

I pray for time to finish
all the things I need to do...

I pray my heart to open wide
to serve the poor in need...

I pray for peaceful dreams
to help me make it through the night...

I pray my thoughts be docile,
always waiting for your word...

I pray for grace to figure out
what's right from what is wrong...

I pray for friends who love me
when I've no love for myself...

I pray for you to hold my heart
in warm and gentle hands...

I pray for trust and hope
when I fear what lies ahead...

I pray for love to spare,
to share with those who are alone...

I pray to act with mercy
though I've not been treated justly...

I pray for strength to do
what I find hardest to accomplish...

I pray to pardon freely
those whose deeds have wounded me...

I pray to know your love for me
when mine for you is wanting...

I pray you hear my every prayer,
the spoken and the silent...

In these wintry, Lenten days, O Lord,
I pray and pray and pray...

In these wintry, Lenten days, O Lord,
I trust you hear my prayer...



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!