3/31/15

Palm Sunday at Holy Family in Concord

Photo: DupontMediaWorld

At the 9:30 and 11:30 Masses on Palm Sunday at Holy Family, the gospel of the Passion was proclaimed by a chorus of 22 high school students, two of our regular lectors and me.  We divided the narration in two parts which the lectors shared.  The students proclaimed the group and individual speeches and I took the part of Jesus.  Above, you'll see the proclaimers in the setting of the larger assembly and below a close-up of the group.

Photo: DupontMediaWorld

At the moment of Christ's death, the readers all turned towards the Crucifix over our sanctuary while the assembly knelt.

Photo: DupontMediaWorld

It was a blessing for me to work and rehearse with this group and I know it was a blessing for our community, young and old, to hear this particular gospel so compellingly proclaimed at the beginning of Holy Week.  I wish now that I had recorded it- I'll remember to do that next year! 

Photo: DupontMediaWorld

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!