3/18/15

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 3/19


Image source

 
Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord:
   to the whole truth
   and nothing but the truth
   and help me, God, to accept your truth
   and make it as my own…

Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord:
   the truth your word has taught me;
   the truth that is your wisdom;
   the truth that shapes my thinking;
   the truth that forms my conscience;
   the truth that stirs my heart;
   the truth you shout and whisper
      in my soul and in my prayer…

Keep me faithful to your truth inscribed:
   on every page of scripture,
   in teachings new and ancient,
   in the beauty of creation,
   in the gift of common sense
   and in the honesty of friends…

Keep me faithful to your truth today
in everything I say and do:
   in my thoughts and work and prayer,
   in my pledges and commitments
      and in every choice I make,
      regardless of the cost…

Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord:
   when I’m tempted to ignore it,
      to hide it or deny it;
   when a lie might make things easier;
   when I believe the lies I tell myself;
   when the truth’s not what I want to hear
      or think or know or speak or share;
   when truth is harsh and inconvenient;
   when the truth is burning in my heart...

Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord,
when it's all I have to cling to...

Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord,
when I stand before your mercy…

Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord,
for your truth will set me free…

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!