4/13/15

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 4/14

Image source

It struck me yesterday how my springtime gratitude doesn't nearly measure up to all my wintry griping.  Have I taken the season's change for granted, somehow imagining I'm owed this gentler, kinder weather?  Have I thanked God for this first, though tardy, blush of April's gifts?
I ask for a lot, Lord,
and I complain when it seems
you've been slow to hear my prayer
and answer me just the way I want...

And often I'm not satisfied
with hints and buds of promise telling me:
you're on the case,
you've heard my plea,
my prayer is being answered
in your good time and wisdom...

Open my eyes to see, Lord,
the ways you slowly, surely move
through my days and in my heart...

Help me notice every sign
of how you're with me,
walking by my side
and answering my prayers...

Keep me grateful for the gifts I have
and mindful of the ways you keep your word
to guide and guard me, keeping me
and holding me snug
in the palm of your own hand...

Give me a grateful heart, Lord,
for all I have and all you promise
and especially for the gift
of your strong, abiding love...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!