7/19/15

Monday Morning Offering: JULY 20

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

On Saturday afternoon, Lord,
there was an hour, maybe a little longer,
when all was well -
when all manner of things were well -
and I was at peace with you, with those around me
and with myself...

I thank you for the grace
that brought all things together
in that one hour
and helped me see what I know
but too often forget:
that you are with me always,
without fail...

Not all days, not every hour,
can be as peaceful
as this past Saturday afternoon, Lord,
and yet I think - in fact, I believe -
that you offer me many hours just like that one
BUT
worries and troubles
and fears and distractions
keep me from seeing and opening up
to what's happening within me and around me...

So often, too often, Lord,
I miss the grace of your Spirit
alive and moving in my life...

Chase away what distracts my attention, Lord,
and clouds my thoughts:
help me perceive more often and more clearly
the ways you touch my life
with moments of peace,
night and day...

Focus my attention on those around me
and help me see their beauty,
help me enjoy their spirit,
help me discern the unique and varied ways they mirror you,
reflecting your divine image shining in each:
in every man, woman and child on my path...

Lord, free me from what haunts my heart
and weighs upon my soul:
help me, heal me, hold me
and refresh your Spirit within me...

Let me breathe in deeply of your Spirit,
moving like an ocean breeze,
refreshing and cleansing me
from the inside out...

Prepare me, Lord, for your gifts of grace:
for and hour or more, here and there,
blessed by your touch, your presence
and the peace, the serenity
I so much desire...

I offer you my heart, Lord:
change in me what needs to be changed
lest I miss a moment of all you have in store for me
this Monday morning, all this day, tonight
and through the week ahead...

Amen. 



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!