7/26/15

Monday Morning Offering: JULY 27


Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Today I come to offer you my faults, for healing,
 and to pray you'll challenge me to grow...

   I offer you all my lame excuses, Lord:
      challenge me to honesty with others and myself...

   I offer you my selfishness:
      challenge me to watch for and respond to others' needs...

   I offer you my jealousy:
      challenge me to gratitude for what's already mine...

   I offer you my laziness:
      challenge me and kick-start me to finally get a move on...

   I offer you my wastefulness:
      challenge me to prudently conserve and not misuse...

   I offer you my greed for much more than I need:
      challenge me to sacrifice, restraint and moderation...

   I offer you my lustful heart:
      challenge me to center on what's clean and pure and true...

   I offer you my prejudice:
      challenge me to fairness and to just, impartial insight...
   
   I offer you my self-pity:
      challenge me to mindfulness and honest self-acceptance... 

   I offer you my vanity and pride:
      challenge me to modesty, self-knowledge and humility...

   And I offer you my angry, hasty words and thoughtless deeds:
      challenge me to patience, discretion and serenity...

I offer you my faults, Lord, and pray you'll challenge me
   with truth, with grace, with wisdom
      and with your healing, saving word...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!