7/22/15

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/23


First, take 90 seconds to watch these kids in Burundi 

opening shoebox gifts of paper, crayons and other gifts, 
all from a dollar store...




Second, spend another 90 seconds (or maybe a little more) 
with this short prayer...

Lord,
when I take for granted
all that I have:
help me find
my deepest joys -
in the simplest of gifts... 

Lord, 
when I want more and more,
so much more than I need:
help me remember 
the joy I have -
in the simplest of gifts...

Lord,
when I want what I want
and must have it now:
help me remember
the joys at hand -
in the simplest of gifts...

Lord,
when greed and envy
spoil my heart:
help me cherish
true joy
in the simplest of gifts...

Amen.   


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!