8/5/15

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 8/6

Photo by Marshall Neilson

This summer, Lord, I pray I'll  find
just one gray speckled egg rock
- and one will be enough, Lord,
one will be enough...

I pray its smooth, cool surface bless my palms
on a warm and sunny day
while my fingers weigh the mystery of how it came to be: 
this mystery of confetti now embedded 
in a stone rolled smooth by shifting tides
and polished on a sandy beach...

I pray my eyes and heart will open wide
in awe that such a gift should wash ashore
and land at my bare feet...

I pray I'll wonder, as a child does,
how such a treasure could be mine 
to hold, to own, to prize 
upon a shelf of memories in my heart...

I pray for just one day to hunt for rocks and shells
and sea glass frosted by the briny foam:
all jewels and gemstones strewn by your own hand...

This summer, Lord, I pray I'll find
just one gray speckled egg rock
- and one will be enough, Lord,
one will be enough...

Amen. 

_________________________________________________
This is the third summer I've shared Marshall's photo with my prayer 
- one of my favorite posts!   





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!