9/12/15

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 9/13

Image source


Perhaps the greatest benefit of these daily posts is how they remind us to stop and make some time for prayer. Regardless of what a given post offers, the very title, Pause for Prayer, calls attention to our relationship with God on a daily basis.  Attention...  Paying attention to God in the midst of all the day's distractions... Paying attention to God who attends to us in every moment of our lives...


Among all the distractions
   whirling in me and around me,
help me stop today, to pause, to pray
   to pay attention to you, Lord...

Help me pay attention
   to how you attend to me,
ever watchful in your vigil,

   through the day and through the night...

Help me pay attention
      to what you whisper in my heart,
words to grace and guard and guide me
   and keep me from harm's way...

Help me pay attention to your Spirit,
   moving in my thoughts and plans;
help me attend to what you ask of me
   and walk the path you chart...

Help me pay attention, Lord,

   to all whose paths cross mine;
help me attend to others' needs
   and to the gifts they offer me... 


Clear my mind of its distractions
   and my heart of fear and worry:
make a quiet place within me
   where you and I can meet...

Make me mindful, Lord, of you
   as I pray and just sit still:

in the silence of your presence
   help me find you by my side...



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!