10/14/15

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/15

Image source

We walk through our lives
bearing secret fears, worries and grief:
problems often unknown even to those 

who stand right by our side...

Who knows how heavy burdened 
are the minds and hearts, the souls
of those who live in our own homes,
right next door to us
and those who work, play 
and study with us?

Let's pause and pray: 
Lord, help me be gentle today,
understanding of all
whose paths cross mine...

Remind me that their burdens
are at least as many and often just as heavy
as the ones I bear myself...

Make me gentle with my neighbor, Lord,
tending others' grief
and binding up their wounds
till restoring one another
makes us us whole and healed in you...

And when my neighbor reaches out
to help and ease the pain that's mine,
open my heart to receive
the gift that's being offered...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!