Jar of Blessings
1) Get a jar. A big jar. An empty jar. Or big, empty glass vase. Or a big, clear cookie jar.
2) Make a label that says: Blessings 2016, or something like that. Masking tape or a Sharpie will do the trick here.
3) Once a day (at least once a week), sit down and think of the blessings that came your way that day (or that week). This is an important step: we miss a lot blessings because we don't take time to look for them!
4) Write down the blessing on a scrap of paper - nothing fancy needed here.
5) At the end of the week or the end of the month - or whenever you need a lift! - open up the jar and read through a few of your blessings. AND... at the end of the year, treat yourself to a grand review of a whole year of blessings!
6) Say a little prayer, thanking God from whom all blessings flow.
Personal Endorsement: I do this. It's easy. It works. It helps!
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments
Posted by Concord Pastor at 6:00 PM