12/14/15

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 12/15

Image source: Sugar Mountain Farm

OK, Lord:
it's a new day
and here we are again
- just you and me...

I want to get to know you better, Lord...

I want to know you're there.
Well, no, not there -
I want to know you're here!

And I want to know
that you know me
and that you truly care about me...

Show up in my life today, Lord!

Get in my car and ride with me
to work, to school, to the store,
to wherever I may be going...

If I'm staying home,
just sit right by my side...

Be quiet, be talkative,
be obvious or mysterious
- but most of all,
just let me know you're there...

When we get to work or school
or wherever,
come in and spend the day with me,
or spend the day with me at home...

Have a cup of tea or coffee with me.
Take a break with me.
Sit with me at lunch: be there with me
and let me know you're there...

Whisper in my ear or shout in my face!
Just say something and let me hear it
in my mind, in my heart, in my prayer...

Speak to me, Lord:
in a sentence, a phrase, a word or a grunt,
in the pages of scriptures
or in my heart's story,
in my thoughts, in a dream, in an image,
in my joys and my sorrows
- or perhaps in the words of a friend...

Speak to me, Lord...

Just break the lonely silence
and speak to me, Lord...

Unplug the ears of my heart,
break through my stubborn doubts and pride,
and let the sound, the word,
the very breath of your presence
enter and echo within me,
somewhere inside me,
deep inside me...

Speak, Lord...
and help me hear and trust you,
in your word
and in your silence...

And listen, Lord...
and help me trust
that you hear everything
I say and hope and pray...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!