1/10/16

Monday Morning Offering: 1/11

Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

I come to you in a season of grays,
the charcoaled landscape of my days,
etched with the chill of long winter nights...

I offer you this ordinary time,*
this wintry season waiting
for that Ashen Wednesday
coming soon with Lent's relief
in purpled shades...

I offer you this season in-between
the holly and the palm...

So much of life is in-between:
between the days gone by
   and all the days that lie ahead;
between the old and new,
   twixt hope and disappointment,
   expectation and fulfillment...

In-between the ups and downs:
   the sadness and the joy,
   the laughter and the tears...

In-between what’s not yet done
and what can't yet be known...

Give me patience with the past, Lord,
and hope for all that's yet to come...

I offer you my day, Lord,
in a season in-between,
I offer you this day,
the only day I have to give...

Help me keep it in today, Lord...

Give me serenity to accept
   the things I just can't change,
courage to change
   the many things I can
and wisdom, blessed wisdom,
   to help me know the difference…

Give me grace today
to meet all those who cross my path
as I'd have them meet me:
with patience and with peace….

I come to you in a season of grays,
the charcoaled landscape of my days,
etched with the chill of long winter nights...

I offer you this ordinary time,
this wintry season waiting
for that Ashen Wednesday
coming soon with Lent's relief 
in purpled shades...
I offer you this season in-between, Lord,
in-between the holly and the palm...

I offer you the in-between
and trust and pray
you'll meet me there...

Amen.

*On the church calendar the Christmas season ended yesterday, 1/10, 
with the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord and the season of "ordinary
time" began. And Lent will begin on Ash Wednesday which this year is 
February 10!



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!