1/7/16

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 1/8

Image source

Sweep me clean, O Lord,
and clear my mind and heart
of all that weakens my belief,
tests and tries my trust
and isolates me in my fears...  

Sustain in me, O Lord,
and nurture in my soul
what strengthens me in faith,
deepens my hope and confidence
and leads me to a selfless love...

Purify my soul, O Lord,
and pardon and forgive
my failings and my faults,
my sins and my transgressions,
my foolishness and pride...
   
Save me, O Lord,
and deliver me
from forgetting you're so near,
from ignoring others' help
and thinking I can make it on my own...

Cover me, O Lord,
and shelter and protect me,
in the tent of your safekeeping,
'neath the mantle of your blessing
and a blanket of your warmth...

Embrace me, O Lord,
and hold me
in the strong arms of your mercy,
in your free redeeming love,
and in the power of your Spirit...

Call me, O Lord,
in ways that I won't miss
to share my faith each day,
to speak my hope with certainty,
to love in word and deed...

Sustain in me, O Lord,
and nurture in my heart and mind,
what strengthens me in faith,
deepens my hope and confidence
and leads me to selfless love...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!