Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 1/26

Image source

How is it, Lord,
that time one day can fly so fast
and on another creep and crawl
as if it's standing still?

My heart's clock sometimes
measures minutes passing
at an hour's pace...

And why, when time should hurry
does it drag and dawdle:
just to tease my anxious soul?

Time for you is nothing, Lord,
for you are ever timeless:
always present, always now,
always in the moment...

Draw me into your time, Lord,
the hour of your grace, into the moment
where you are with me
and ever there will be...

Let the past not keep me from today
nor fear of future hold me back
from meeting you, now, in this moment:
in truth, the only time I have
to spend with you...



Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!