2/25/16

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 2/26

Lent mercy 2016
God of all mercy,
even before I sin,
before I even think of failing
to abide by your word,
before I fall from grace,
your mercy is awaiting me,
to pardon and forgive me,
to mend me and to heal me,
to lift me up into your arms...

I don't deserve such mercy,
no good I've ever done
could merit such a love
as yours for me -
and yet your mercy and your love
are there for me without fail
and for the asking...

Who, then, Lord,
waits for my mercy?
my pardon?
my love?

Who waits on the other end
of my long held grudges and resentments?
Who waits for my mercy,
my compassion and love?

Who waits outside the door of my anger?
Who waits for my compassion,
my understanding,
my pardon and my mercy?

Who waits, Lord, on the other side
of my silent treatment?
Cut off from me, who waits
to be welcomed back?
to hear my voice?
to hear a loving word from me once more?

And because your mercy for me
is there even before I think to seek it,
long before my heart is moved
to beg your gracious pardon -
must I not hold within my heart
a store of mercy,
waiting for the one who's wronged me?
Waiting and ready to forgive,
to speak a word of kindness,
to mend and heal,
to welcome back to my embrace
the one who has offended me...

God of mercy,
you're always there for me,
ready to forgive and to embrace:
give me the grace I need
to hold within in my heart
a store of mercy,
ready for any who wait
for me to share it...

Amen.

This is another in an occasional series 
of Lenten posts focused on mercy.





 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!