2/19/16

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/20


With the fire of your love, Lord,
cleanse my mind and my thoughts,
my soul and all its hungers...

Burn away what's stubbornly selfish,
begrudging, self- absorbed and false:
as with a refiner's fire,
purify my heart's intentions...

Brand my heart with your truth
and let my words and deeds make clear
it's your justice and your love that rule my life
and shape the person I'm becoming...

Reach down from heaven, Lord,
and ignite my days and nights,
every minute, every hour,
with the grace that's yours to give,
the grace that reconciles me
with you and with my neighbor...

Be Lord of my life, O God,
the Lord of my desires and passions,
my choices and decisions,
my hopes and dreams,
Lord of every thought I have
and every word I speak...

Be the Lord who calms my fears
and soothes my anger;
the Lord of my emotions and my feelings...

With the fire of your love, O Lord,
cleanse my mind and my thoughts,
my soul and all its hungers...

Be Lord of all my seasons
and these holy days of Lent;
be the Lord whose life I'll celebrate
when Easter morning dawns...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!