3/14/16

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/15


Image source

No doubt about it, Lord:
my heart's sometimes a harbor
where harsh judgments dock
and bitter thoughts float freely
over dark waves green with envy...

A harbor choked with grudging wrecks
and angry dregs stirred up
from murky deeps...

A cold cove it is, craving warmth
and a sea change of your grace...

Rescue me, Lord, from this lagoon:
unload my heart's hold of words and wishes
only stored for spite...

Sweeten the stale waters my soul sails
and fill me with a cargo of kindness,
such as I might seek from others...

Rise like the sun over my heart's bow
and with the dawn's warmth
cleanse and heal me...

I trust you, Lord,
and pray you'll sail me home
to the harbor of your heart,
the port for which I'm bound...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!