4/3/16

Monday Morning Offering: 4/4


Good morning, good God!

Still got doubting Thomas on my mind...

There are certainly times when I’m a doubter, Lord,
but also times when, without a doubt,
I do believe!

No matter how cold or snowy the winter may be,
no matter how long it stretches into a new year,
I do, without a doubt, believe
that spring will come
to warm the cold that chills
my bones and soul…

No matter how long, how dark the night,
no matter how frightening my dreams,
I do, without a doubt, believe
a new day will dawn
with hope of a new beginning,
a fresh start, another chance…

No matter how difficult things may be,
no matter how lonely I feel, how alone I am,
I do, without a doubt, believe
that you and my friends will see me through
‘til better times are mine...

No matter how hurt,
no matter how broken my heart,
I do, without a doubt, believe
that as others’ hearts are mended
so, too, will my heart have its turn…

No matter how conflicted,
how confused I might be,
I do, without a doubt, believe
there’s a wisdom, a light and a path to truth:
a path I seek and want to walk…

No matter how far I stray from your path,
no matter how seriously I fail
to heed your word and do what you ask of me,
I do believe, without a doubt,
that your heart of mercy waits
to pardon and forgive me...

Even in the face of death, Lord,
even with a heart filled with grief and loss,
I do, without a doubt, believe
your promise of eternal life,
of life with you forever
and with those who’ve gone before me…

If, without a doubt, Lord,
   I trust the seasons, the sun and moon,
   my friends, my heart’s resiliency
   and the promise of a truth that’s pure
   and has no end;
if, Lord, without a doubt,
   I trust that there’s a heaven, a life with you
   where all is healed and all is peace;
if, without a doubt I so believe -
   then why do I too often doubt
   you’re always there for me,
   and that with trust and surety
   I can put my life into your hands?

This morning, Lord, I offer my need
to believe, without a doubt, in you,
to trust, without a doubt, in you,
to have faith, without a doubt, in you…

Help me believe that you are Lord
of all the seasons of my heart,
that on every day, in any month,
without a doubt,
you offer me a springtime of hope…

Help me trust that you are Lord
of all my days and nights,
that in every hour, in every moment,
without a doubt,
you offer me a new beginning…

Give me faith that you are Lord
over all my fears and struggles,
that in every difficulty,
without a doubt,
you’re my brother, Lord and Savior…

Help me believe that you are Lord
of my heart and all its needs,
that all my hurt and all my sin can,
without a doubt, be healed
at your hand’s gentle touch…

Help me trust that you are Lord
of my mind’s imagination and desires,
that in your wisdom there rests, without a doubt,
the knowledge I seek, the truth to set me free
and the peace for which my heart has always longed…

Lord, help me believe…
Lord, help me trust…
Lord, help me keep my faith in you...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!