4/18/16

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 4/19

Image source

(Thanks to DB who asked if I'd had a good day)

Sat down in a restaurant and the bartender asked,
      "Did you have a good day?"

I said yes, but then wondered
   about what makes a day good?

I know bad days are often made of
   "too much to do and no time to do it..."

I know rough days are made of mistakes, mostly mine,
   and of so many things that don't go right...

I know it's a bad day
when helpless, discouraged and sad's how I feel...

But what makes a good day, Lord?
   What makes a day good?

A good day's one that starts with the prayer
   that no matter what happens you'll be by my side...

A good day's a day I take as it comes
   without fretting all day 'bout tomorrow...

A good day's a day when I take time to listen
   and look for the ways that you've got my back...

A good day's a day when I'm sure in my heart
   that it's you who's in charge - and not me...

A good day's a day when I wait for your Spirit
   to lead me beyond my own planning and scheming...

A good day's a day that ends with a prayer
   to remember and thank you for being my God...

It's a new day, Lord, a brand new day
   and I hope and I pray it's a good one...



Amen!


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed receiving your posts daily in my inbox. My mother (Martie Hubisz Verlander) shared your site with me and I have continued to share it with others. Thank you for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to know that members of my family are among my readers! Please give my best to your mom and thank her for linking you to my site. And thank YOU for sharing my site with others!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!