5/22/16

Monday Morning Offering: 5/23


Image: George Mendoza

O God - it's morning!

And once again, you're up before I am.
It never fails: I turn off the alarm clock
and there you are, sitting at the foot of my bed,
waiting, watching, wanting to be
the first thought of my day...

Please forgive me, Lord,
but most days I don't have a first thought
until I've had my first cup of coffee.
So, please, be patient with me,
as you always are,
and give me time to wake up
to your presence...

And you know, Lord:
it's not only morning
- it's MONDAY!
Another week stretches ahead of me
and oh, how I wish the weekend
were another day longer...

Where am I going this week, Lord?
Where will you lead me?
What path will you chart for me?

Please, Lord, when I walk astray
or try to take the short-cut,
prod me, pull me, push me back
where I belong,
where I should be heading,
even -and especially -
if that path seems to be the one
I'm least inclined to walk...

Most of all, walk with me, Lord!
Guide me when I'm confused and lost...

Shine a light on my road
when darkness shades my steps...

Teach me to ask you for directions
when I am lost and cannot find the way...

Whisper encouragement in my ears
when I don't want to take another step -
when I don't want to take the first step!

Give me your hand to hold
when the path frightens me...

Give me your shoulder to lean on
when my spirit flags and my pace slows...

Show me where to turn
when I need to turn -
and teach me not to look back...

Take me down the just path, Lord;
lead me on the road to truth;
guide me along the highway of honesty;
give me strength to walk with proper pride
along the way of integrity...

Help me to see that the only path worth walking
is the one that leads me to you
and to love and serve my neighbor...

It's morning, Lord -
it's MONDAY morning, Lord!

I'm getting up now to have that cup of coffee...

Will you join me, Lord?

Amen.



   

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!