6/5/16

Monday Morning Offering: 6/6

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

This morning I offer you, Lord:
my desire to mend a friend's broken heart,
my knowing it's beyond my power to do
and my prayer that you, Healer of Hearts,
will touch, restore and fill his heart
as only you can do...

This morning I offer you, Lord:
my desire to help a friend find faith,
my knowing that faith's not mine to give
and my prayer that you, with your Spirit's power
will open her heart to the hope and trust
she needs to believe in your love...

This morning I offer you, Lord:
my desire to cure a friend's illness,
my knowing I'm not a doctor
and my prayer that you, Divine Physician,
will treat and restore him to health and strength,
to his family, his work and well-being...

This morning I offer you, Lord:
my desire for a friend to get out of jail,
my knowing I don't hold the keys
and my prayer that you, Merciful Judge,
will free his heart to accept what comes
and to trust in you and his friends...

This morning I offer you, Lord:
my desire to help my friend who's depressed,
my knowing I often don't know what to say
and my prayer that you, all Wisdom and Grace
will calm her anxious and fearful soul
and bring her serenity and and peace...

I've much to offer this morning, Lord:
my desires, self-knowledge and my prayer that you
will touch my friends' lives
with your healing and gifts,
with wholeness and health,
with mercy and freedom
and peace and contentment...

And, Lord,
I could use some of all those gifts, too...

Amen.







   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!