6/19/16

Monday Morning Offering: June 20

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza



Good morning, good God!



Today I offer you, Lord,

“the impossibles…”



I lift up to you those situations,

circumstances, relationships and realities

that so many find impossible

to accept, to deal with, to live through,

to suffer, to resolve, to survive…



I’m very sure, Lord,

you know exactly what I’m praying about…



I’m praying for folks between a rock and a hard place…



I’m praying for people whose plates are full…



I’m praying for those who have tried

over and over again,

year after year after year

to pick up their cross and carry it,

to accept their burdens and live with them,

to make things right in the face of wrong,

to make peace with the unpeaceable,

to take it a day at a time,

to live in the moment,

to be patient in waiting for change…



I’m praying for the innocent victims

of another’s carelessness, bitterness or laziness,

another’s pride, meanness or selfishness,

another’s spite, anger or revenge…



I’m praying for the grace to accept

what might seem to be wholly unacceptable,

for the courage to remain faithful in the face of infidelity

and for the guts to trudge through the wasteland

 of broken words, broken promises, broken vows…



I’m praying for the wisdom needed

to see beyond the moment’s pain,

to find the possibilities the impossible can yield,

to understand what’s beyond comprehension,

to accept what never in a lifetime

one expected to be asked to accept…



I’m praying for the stamina:

to see things through to the end,

to hang in there,

to trust that all shall be well

when it seems that nothing

will ever be well again…



I’m praying for faith

to believe in you, Lord,

to trust in you,

hope in you,

lean on you

and walk with you

in the light you shine on our path,

a light no darkness can extinguish…



I’m praying for faith to believe

that all things are possible with you, Lord,

even if what’s possible might be, for now,

beyond my sight and my grasp,

beyond my understanding and knowledge,

beyond my imagination and my dreams…



I pray for the faith to believe, Lord,

that with you, nothing is impossible

(which is not to say all will turn out well,

just as hoped and prayed for)

but simply to say that with you:

I can survive my fears and failures

and come to a new day

even when it seems all hope is spent…



I pray that walking with you

I’ll find a new way, a new hope, a new surety

that you are my Lord and my God,

that nothing’s impossible with you at my back,

that all things are possible when I trust in you,

and that you know better than I:

the source of my troubles,

the path to walk through them,

the future that’s mine

and your love for me

which has no bounds and no end…



I lift up to you those situations,

circumstances, relationships and realities

that so many find impossible

to accept, to deal with, to live through,

to suffer, to resolve, to survive…



And I lift up to you,

I offer you this morning,

the hearts and souls and minds and thoughts,

the struggles and pain, the confusion and hurt

of those who find things impossible…



Open our hearts to you, Lord,

and to all possibilities,

to all you have in store for us

for the rest of our lives on earth and beyond…

  

Open us all

to the possibilities of faith, hope and love

and teach us, Lord, that nothing’s impossible

when we walk with you at our side…



Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!