6/28/16

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/28



In my little corner of the world
you've given summer a beautiful beginning, Lord:
warm, sunny days topped off with cool evening breezes,
just right for sleeping with the windows open,
just a sheet for a cover...

Of course, I know this will change.

There'll be hot, hazy humid stretches
and folks will be complaining, asking,
"When will this heat wave end?"

And it will.

And it will come again.

And maybe yet again, Lord,
before summer starts to nod
and  mild days and cooler nights return
and we'll be asking,
"Where did summer go?"

Oh, yes...  we'll make it through the summer
and welcome autumn's beauty,
while hoping that the winter
won't be hard on us this year...

Would that I might weather the seasons of my life
as well as I endure the heat, the sun, the cold, the snow
and move through seasons changing,
trusting soon enough my favorite time
will come 'round once again...

Touch the changing climate of my days and years
with hope, Lord, with trust in you,
and with faith that as seasons come and go
- none will last forever...

The seasons change to offer me:
rest and joy in summertime,
a brush with nature's dying every fall,
the long, cold sleep of winter's chill
and new life every spring
to raise me up and bring me joy again...

As I live through the seasons, Lord,
help me live through my life:
taking every season's gifts,
trusting through the dark of night
til a new day comes at dawn...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!