7/4/16

Pause for Prayer: 7/5

Image source


Lord...

reach down into the secret places of my heart
and heal what's broken and needs to be mended...

Sweep my heart of every trace of dust
my sins have left behind...

Scour my heart of its foolishnes,
polish my soul with your wisdom...

Cleanse my heart of jealousy,
humble my proud spirit...

Fill the holes in my heart
with your love, your peace and your joy...

Massage the hardness of my heart
until it softens under your touch...

Strengthen my heart in its weakness
til it beats in time with yours...

Turn my heart around to you,
away from all distractions...

Give me a kind and generous heart,
wide open to my neighbor...

Come and live in my heart, Lord:
make yourself to home within me...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!