8/15/16

Pause for Prayer: MONDAY 8/15


It happens often...

It happened last night
when I was sitting on the inn's porch
and a friend happened by who shared
how he considers me and some others he knows
as the channels of God's grace into his life...

I'm always most grateful to know if and when and how,
even in the smallest of ways,
my life serves to connect another person's heart
to God...

And I'm always most grateful to know if and when,
even in the smallest of ways,
God chooses to touch another person's life
through mine,
through my words and deeds...

But such a welcome comment sometimes comes
from those who doubt, who find it hard to believe,
who don't yet know
that God is always reaching directly into their hearts,
bypassing any assistance from others:
God, ever offering his love and companionship,
his grace and intimacy
personally, to every single one of us, without exception,
every day, every night,
every moment
of our entire lives...
Perhaps my friend doesn't know
that he and what he shared with me
were a channel of God's grace into my heart,
that his words had served me
just as mine might serve him...

God uses every way
and every person possible
to make his way into our hearts...

May our hearts be open to God's coming
and may we be open, each of us,
to being channels of God's grace
in the lives of those around us...

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

2 comments:

  1. You have touched my family and myself in ways I only wonder at. I have heard you speak only several times but I found your blog and get caught up every few days. Thank you for simply writing what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting! Messages like yours make this venture more than worthwhile and keep me going!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!