8/17/16

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 8/17

Image source


Lord,
for the peace in my heart this morning,
I'm truly grateful...

Such serenity is surely, purely
your gift to me:
I've done nothing to merit or deserve,
much less to earn such a blessing...

I pray that my gratitude
open my heart wide
to all the gifts you offer me -
especially those I've missed along the way
when I'm not mindful
of your presence in my life
every day and every night...

And when this tide of peace begins to ebb,
as sure it will,
let me hold close the memory
of this morning's consolation
to carry me through times
when your sweet peace
is all I long for...

But this morning, Lord,
I thank you from the depths of my heart
for this peace
which I know is only yours to give...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!