9/24/16

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 9/25

In Monument Square, Concord: photo by CP

Was it in the dead of night, Lord,
or just before dawn?

Did you walk down my street
and climb a few trees
or reach down from heaven,
your brush in hand?

Is rusty orange your favorite hue
or just the first on this year's palette?

Will you soon return with other colors
or wait awhile to see if I keep vigil
for the secret ways you paint the trees
while I am fast asleep?

Your artistry's a gift to me and all
whose eyes are open for the hints you leave
in branches touched by gentle brushes
with divinity and grace...

In the dead of night or just before dawn
reach down, Lord, brush in hand,
to touch my soul and leave upon it
traces of your visit and your peace...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!