10/10/16

Monday Morning Offering: October 11

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!


Wake me before my alarm clock sounds
and rouse me to a new day, rain or shine;
fill me at daybreak with your kindness, Lord,
and let the sun rise in my heart...

Even in my dreams, before I wake, fill me with your peace
and calm my soul before the dawn's first light;
before my eyes are open and I'm still half asleep,
stir my mind to thoughts you, your word your will, your grace...

If clouds above or clouds within should tempt my heart
to doubt that you are with me, by my side:
shake me wide awake and pierce the mist
that veils and hides your face from mine…

At daybreak fill me with your kindness
and give my heart a day's supply of hope and trust;
let my first thoughts be be thoughts of you
and my first words be praise this day's light...

At daybreak, fill me with your Spirit's gifts
to help me face whatever comes my way
and give me strength and faith in you
and in your promise to be with me all day long...

 
At daybreak, give me all the grit I need
to face whatever I might fear or hide from:
remind me that I'm not alone, that with you, Lord,
and by your side, I need not be afraid...

At daybreak, pull me from my bed and set me on my feet:
shower me with grace until I'm wide-eyed, braced
and ready for a brand new day, a day I've never known,
the day that you have readied for my soul...

At daybreak fill me with your kindness, Lord,
and lead me to whatever joy this day might hold:
help me find the peace that this day brings
and peace at this day's end...


At daybreak and throughout the day
be at my side and let me see your face, Lord,
let me hear your voice, calling me
to live the word you speak deep in my heart...

I offer you the day that breaks,
I offer you my waking, Lord, 
I offer you the day ahead,
this day, your gift to me...

Amen.   



     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!