10/2/16

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/2

Image source


Lord, every day:
I check my calendar,
I check my email,
I check my voice mail,
I check my texts,
I check my Tweets,
I check my FB messages...

Well, "every day" wasn't really accurate:
I should have said,
"three, four or more times" every day...

I do a lot of checking in, Lord,
and some days I think I check in
with just about everybody
- except you...

So today,
(especially when I'm checking in
at one of my regular check-in spots)
today, Lord,
help me find a quiet time, a quiet place,
just you and me, at least once today,
just to stop,
to check in with you,
and to pray...

Amen.

(How about right now?)



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. When I first read this I thought it said, "I check my FBI messages..." Never knew you were an undercover sleuth!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!