10/6/16

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/6



Some days, many days,
maybe most of my days
are filled with highs and lows:
from frustration and tears
to smiles and laughter -
and then back again...

Looks like today
might be one of those days, Lord,
and I'm hoping and praying
this day will end
with more smiles than tears
on my face...

So I pray, Lord:
carry me, power me
through this day's lows
and keep me moving,
keep me going:
help me make my way
through this day's valleys...

And open my eyes and ears,
my mind and heart,
to every lift, every rise,
every step forward
and every step up
to the heights of peace
to be found in your grace...

Let my tears be cleansing,
my smiles broad
and my laughter hearty and warm
and at this day's end, Lord,
without keeping count,
may my smiles outnumber
my tears...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!