11/6/16

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 11/6

Photo by Carolyn Wakefield

This time of year, Lord,
I expect bold colors in the trees:
reds, yellows, oranges and purples,
shade of glory and your artistry...

Then late in autumn your bold palate fades
and mutes the brilliance,
bronzing all in earth tones warm:
your broad brush softly blending,
washing out the highlights
in a dusky harvest haze...

But you've surprised me, Lord:
pastels you might have saved for spring
are here, today, out of season,
in November, teasing me to hope
past winter's frozen grays...

I thank you for your infinite array
of hues and tones, of tints and shades
defying any season's time,
delighting me at every turn,
disclosing timeless mystery
in pastel leaves,
your gift this day...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!