11/23/16

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 11/23

Image source

Tomorrow, Lord,
we'll overeat, we'll drink too much,
we'll stuff ourselves like turkeys,
then joke about how much we've had,
with no room left for more...

And then for several days - the turkey sandwiches:
what we call left-overs
some would think a royal feast...

Tomorrow, Lord,
we'll eat all day and night
while others go for days and weeks,
their cupboards bare and empty...

May the day not pass 'til I find or fund
a way to feed
the ones whose tables never groan as mine
beneath the weight of too much food
and too much drink
with plenty yet left over...

For those who hunger all year 'round
help me do more than pray this week:
may I give thanks for all I have, Lord,
finding ways to share it with the poor...

Open my heart as wide as my mouth,
let my charity flow as wine is poured:
freely, gladly, to the brim to share
the best of what I have,
of all that I've been given...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!