12/10/16

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 12/10

Image source

(Reflective music for today's Pause for Prayer...)



I wait for you, Lord,
   and I have waited for so long
      and in so many ways…

I wait to find you, to know you,
   to believe in you...

I wait for you to show yourself,
   to show me your face
      and let its light shine full upon my own…

I wait for you to speak to me,
   to speak a word I understand:
      a word my heart can grasp,
      a word my heart can hold,
      a word my heart can keep,
      a word that brings me peace...

I wait to find the truth that sets me free
   from all that holds me fast
      in my confusion, fear and doubt…
I wait for you to hear my prayer 
   and answer me...

I wait for your Spirit to move me,
   nudge me and shake me awake;
I wait for your Spirit to stir within
   and let me know that you're with me
      and I'm with you...

I wait to hear a word from you of
   where to turn, the path to take,
      the choices I should make... 

I wait for you to calm my fears, 
   my anxious, lonely heart,
      my troubled soul…

I wait for you to help me find 
   even just a little peace of mind…
I wait to find your presence in my daily rounds:
   in the ordinary people, times and places
      where I least expect but really need to see you...

I wait to know your mercy:
   the forgiveness of my sins, 
   the cleansing of my soul,
   refreshment for my spirit...

I wait because I trust you'll never fail 
   to call me to begin again, anew,
my slate wiped clean, 
   my sins absolved,
   my  heart mended, healed and pardoned...

I wait for you
   when I'm not even sure why I still wait -
      but then I wait some more
for in the waiting I begin 
   to see you in the dark 
      and hear you in the silence...

In the waiting I begin to know 
   your presence and your face
and to feel your gentle touch
    in the care of those around me
whose hearts and hands are yours, Lord,
   whose voice and word are yours...
      
In the quiet of my Advent prayer
   I wait for you 
and I trust, I know, Lord
   that you are waiting for me…

Amen.
 


 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!