12/21/16

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 12/22

Image source

At this time of the year when the sun sets so early,
you can almost hear the break of dawn, the sun slowly rising 
in this recording by Chanticleer...



Rise like the dawn, Lord,
and let your sun's rays
warm the frost off my heart

and heal any sadness of my soul...

Disperse the gloomy clouds 

of all my anxious fears
and chase from the corners of my heart
what keeps me from the joy you bring...

Draw me from my own darkness
into the light of your presence
and let me know the peace you offer,

the light in which I'm bathed...

In these dark December days
and in all the seasons of my soul,
d
raw near, dear Lord, warm and bright,
and shine your light upon my path...


O come, O come, Emmanuel!




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!