2/18/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/18

Image source

When my day began
with this morning's unexpected start
and schedule-crunching event,
you were right there, Lord,
to guide me through the changes...

When the unexpected start
unexpectedly became a moment of your grace,
you were right there, Lord,
the light in my darkness...

When my plans were turned all upside down
and some people got bumped in the process,
you were right there, Lord,
to nurture in them a gracious response
to my clumsiness,
clearing the path to make things smooth...

When I tried five times before succeeding
to lend a hand to someone in need,
you were right there, Lord,
leading the way, pulling me out of my anger
to a place more prayerful and peaceful...

When the day met its end, at last
and I needed some R and R,
you were right there, Lord,
to sing so softly a lullaby,
your heart to mine,
til sleep closed my eyes in peace...

You were right there, Lord,
at every twist and turn, all the ups and downs,
and sometimes I saw you
and reached for your help
and sometimes I missed you
or went my own way...

A new day dawns now and just like yesterday
you'll be right there, Lord,
at every twist and turn, all the ups and downs
to help me see you and open my heart to you
and the grace you offer to lead me and guide me
every moment, every hour throughout the day,
every step along the way...

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!