3/23/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 3/23



Would that I'd long to hear your word, Lord,
as much as I long for spring to come...

Would that I'd serve my neighbors' needs
nearly as fast as I tend to my own...

Would that I'd think as well of all
as I do of my closest BFF's...

Would that I'd do what you ask of me, Lord,
as sure as I follow my own desires...

Would that I'd be as fair and just
as I'd have others be with me...

Would that I'd speak when others won't
and let my lips give voice to truth...

Would that I'd help the weak and unsure
as your strong arms hold me secure...

Would my thoughts and deeds were as pure
as the wisdom and help you offer me...

Would that I'd pardon others, Lord,
with the mercy you show to me...

Would that I'd open my heart to grace
as wide as it opens to foolishness...

Would that I'd think of my time as gold
to be spent with wisdom, prudence and care...

Would that I'd trust my heart to you
and not to my worries, doubts and fears...

Would that I'd love you Lord, my God,
as you love me forever more...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!