3/8/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/9


Sometimes things happen, Lord,
(or fail to happen)
and I'm left wondering:
where are you?
why don't you intervene?
why don't you make things different?

Those times, those questions,
stick in my mind
and lodge in my heart
and I scratch my head
in wonder and disappointment...

But I don't pay near enough attention
to all the times I might be grateful
for what's happened
(or failed to happen):
the times I owe you thanks and praise
for your being there,
for your Spirit moving in my life,
for the difference I knew
through my faith in you...

So help me, Lord,
not to miss a moment today
when your hand's upon my shoulder,
your arm intervenes with grace,
and everything is different
when I see through eyes of faith...

And should something happen
(or fail to happen)
and I wonder again
where you are:
help me remember
that you never forget me,
you're always with me
and that all shall be well,
all shall be well, yes
all manner of things shall be well...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!