3/21/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/21

Image source

Lord, I hope and pray this Lent
that you'll fashion 
a new, fresh, clean, pure heart within me:
create in me
a heart for a new beginning...

Your mercy's still a mystery, Lord: 
how you love me even in my sins;
how you never fail to find what's good in me;
how you always find something in me to love...

Create in me a clean heart, O God... 


You're mercy's a mystery to me, Lord:
how you never cease to reach out, gently,
to keep me from my selfish ways,
to bring me home to your embrace,
to mend my brokenness,
to heal what's sick within my soul,
to forgive what's sinful in my heart...

Create in me a clean heart, O God... 


Your mercy's a mystery, Lord,
and though I don't understand it
I'm always grateful for its depths
and how you never withhold from me
its sweet and saving power...

Create in me a clean heart, O God...

I come to you, Lord,
with the heart I sometimes try to hide
when I've marred your image
mirrored in my soul...

Create in me a clean heart, O God...

So great is your love for me,
so exquisite the delight you take in me,
that even when I forget, 
when I tarnish,
when I deny your beauty within me,
you call me back to your grace
and offer me your mercy... 

Create in me a clean heart, O God... 


Help me remember 
that you always meet me
just where I need you:
where I'm rough-edged,
   you come to smooth me;
where I'm broken,
   you come to mend me;
where I'm weak,
   you come to strengthen me;
where I'm sick,
   you come to heal me;
where I've sinned,
   you come to pardon me...
Create in me a clean heart, O God...

Forgive my sins, Lord,
and nurture what's good within me:
be gentle in receiving the heart I offer you,
a broken and contrite heart...

Help me forgive those who've hurt me, Lord,
and to see the good within them,
to see what you find to love in them:
let me be gentle in welcoming them
into my own contrite heart...

Create in me a clean heart, O God... 


Help me to trust 
in the mystery of your mercy, Lord,
in the mystery of your mercifully patient heart...

Your mercy's a mystery to me, Lord,
and the greatest gift you have to offer me...

Create in me a clean heart, O God... 


In the quiet of my prayer this Lent,
help me see where I need your pardon, Lord;
help me confess my sins and failings;
help me humbly open up my heart;
to let your mercy in to heal my soul...

Create in me a clean heart, O God...



 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!