5/9/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 5/9

Photo by Michael Paulson

(Especially for a friend of mine 
who's having a very hard time of it right now...)
Hope means hoping when things are hopeless,
  - or it is no virtue at all...
As long as matters are still hopeful,
   hope is mere flattery or platitude;
it is only when everything is hopeless
   that hope begins to be your strength.

- G. K. Chesterton

Lord,
help me hope for light
when I'm totally in the dark...

Help me hope for serenity
in the midst of my distress...

Help me hope for tomorrow
when I'm locked in my past...

Help me hope for joy
when sadness consumes me...

Help me hope for understanding
when I'm lost in confusion...

Help me hope for grace
when I'm tempted to sin...

Help me hope for love
when I'm most alone...

Help me hope in faith
when I'm lost in doubt...

Help me hope for help
when I fear there's none...

Help me hope for strength
when I'm at my weakest...

Help me hope for hope
when I'm at a dead end...

And when I feel most hopeless
help me hope in you, Lord,
help me find my hope in you...

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!