6/29/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 6/29

Concord River in Lowell: photo by Frank King

Not every day's a beauty
such as this one, Lord...

So rarely does light shimmer
on the the water's glassy face
with such perfect pastel charm...

And I'm not always on the riverbank,
at sunset, by the bend,
when peace and beauty flow as one
to spend the night together...

So draw me to the water, Lord,
as often as you will
and open wide my eyes
to unexpected glimpses of your glory
shimmering on the water,
blessing my tired eyes with beauty,
settling in my soul...

Not every day's a beauty
such as this one, Lord:
don't let me miss a single one
coming 'round the river's bend...
                      
Amen.






     
  Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!