7/14/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/14

Image: Gwen Duda


In the shadows, on dark days
   when the clouds shade my heart,
      give light to my lamp, Lord...

Be the oil in the lamp of my soul:
   a light in the corners of my confusion,
      a flame burning with life within me...

Be the light upon my path
   to show me the way 
      when I'm lost and alone...

Be a light searching for me
   when I hide in the shadows:
      draw me out of the darkness...

Be the sun burning bright 
   at midday, at noon,
      sharing the warmth of your presence...

Be the full moon's light, be the stars that flicker:
   lift up my eyes 
      to ponder their beauty, their Maker's glory...

When I'm wrong and stubborn, be my light of truth;
   when I'm foolish and wasteful, be my light of wisdom;
      when I dwell in sadness, be my light of hope...

When I prefer the darkness, when I choose the shadows,
   when I cover my eyes and turn from your side:
open my heart to your light
   drawing me out, lifting me up, healing my hurt,
      exposing my fear 
         of the love your light offers and gives...

Brighten the darkness around me, Lord:
   illumine the darkness within me, 
   shine through the darkness that hides me,
   burn in the darkness that chills me, 
   shimmer in the darkness that dulls me,
   gleam in the darkness that shrouds me,
   sparkle in the darkness that dims my hope...

Give light to my lamp,
   let no darkness douse it;
give light to my lamp,
   let no wind quench its flame;
give light to my lamp, Lord,
   let no fear snuff it out...

In the quiet of my prayer, Lord,
  give light to the lamp of my heart:
let no darkness shadow my time with you:
   no worry, no doubt, no fear...

As I pause for prayer, Lord,
   give light to my lamp for the rest of this day
      to guide me through to the night ahead...

Amen.
 


 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!