7/1/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 7/1

Photo by CP

My porch, my al fresco chapel,
my seasonal refuge, my staycation getaway,
my treasured retreat is ready, Lord,
for summertime peace and prayer...

Kalanchoes line the window's ledge
across from my alstroemeria,
under a vase of hand painted blooms
arranged on my faux Van Gogh...

I breakfast here each morning
and begin my day in prayer
but it's late just now, after midnight, 
and in the falling rain I hear your voice
speaking a language I do not know
but somehow understand...

Your rain, your word, 
tap-tap-tapping on my soul,
tap-tap-tapping on the roof above me,
tap-tap-tapping out a message, 
coded in your love, assuring me 
that you, too, find refuge in my fresh air den 
and share this place with me
made holy by your presence 
in June, July and August
and any extra bonus days you choose to grant
when summer, too soon, ends...

My porch, my al fresco chapel,
my seasonal refuge, my staycation getaway,
my treasured retreat is ready, Lord,
for summertime peace and prayer:
make me ready, Lord,
to meet you here each day...

Amen.
















 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!