7/3/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 7/4


The patience of others will always amaze me:
   the seeker patiently searching for truth,
   the dreamer's patience for what's not yet,
   the patience of the patient praying to get well,
   a mother's patience with a fussing child,
   the patience of a spouse whose spouse just isn't patient,
   a good friend's patience with an unfaithful friend,
   the patience of the suffering whose pain just never ends,
   a parent's patience with a child still learning,
   the patience of others with all my mistakes,
   the patience of God with my faults and sins,
   the patience of God whose patience is mercy,
      whose mercy awaits, patiently, my repentance...

Give me patience, Lord:
   in word and deed,
   with those around me,
   with my own limitations,
   with all that you call me to do this day...

Give me patience, Lord, and be patient with me:
   in your mercy, Lord, be patient with me today...

Amen.
 




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!